Abstracts are invited for Engineers Australia’s Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium (HWRS 2018). The theme of the Symposium is “Water and Communities”.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Technical Committee, you must also intend to register for the Symposium. Online submission is the only method of receipt of abstracts.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended until Friday 27 April 2018.
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
|Abstract submissions open||Now Open|
|Abstract submissions close||Friday 27 April 2018|
|Notification to authors||Thursday 31 May 2018|
|Author acceptance of offer||Friday 14 September 2018|
|Author registration deadline||Friday 14 September 2018|
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. The available presentation types are:
- Oral Presentation – with extended abstract
- Oral Presentation – with full paper
- Poster Presentation – with extended abstract
- Poster Presentation – with full paper
The HWRS 2018 Symposium Technical Committee are seeking papers under the following themes:
- Flood risk modelling and management
- Integrated water management
- Healthy waterways
- Informing policy and operational decisions
- Understanding water use
- Doing more with less
- Indigenous water values
- Community participation and ownership
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submissions are a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: POPULATING THE ABSTRACT TEMPLATE
Download the template below, save it to your desktop and populate your abstract into the template in the required format.
Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract should be no more than 400 words, and not exceed one A4 page
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include key points/issues to be addressed
STEP 2: CREATING AN ACCOUNT AND LOGGING INTO THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PORTAL
In order to upload an abstract, you must create an account in the abstract submission portal. To begin, please click on the button below.
Please select the Create New Account button and complete your preferred email address and password for your account log in details.
Once you have created an account, you can proceed with your abstract submission. You will also be able to use this log in at a later date to view speaker briefing notes and register your attendance at the Symposium.
STEP 3: SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on Abstract Submission in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The title of your abstract
- Presentation type (preference only)
- Name and organisation of all co-authors
- A brief biography of the presenting author (max 100 words)
- Your completed abstract
Once you have entered in this information, you will then be able to submit your abstract. Please note:
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- You will be able to access the speaker portal account to edit draft submissions and submit additional abstracts. To change successfully submitted abstracts please contact the Symposium Office.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Symposium Office via T +61 3 9645 6311 or E firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to the presenting author on Thursday 31 May 2018. Please note the details provided, as the author contact should be for the presenting author of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-authors as applicable.
Please note; notification of abstract acceptances on Thursday 31 May 2018 are preliminary. The author will be required to submit their final full paper or extended abstract in the second stage for final reviewing and acceptance.
ABSTRACT SPEAKER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Symposium. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register for the Symposium by Friday 14 September 2018 in order for the presentation to be included in the Symposium Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Symposium Office.