Abstract submissions have closed.
The abstract submission deadline was 11:59 PM AEST Friday 3 June.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by the HWRS Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee may accept or reject abstracts and their decision is final. The outcome of abstract submissions will be emailed in June.
Find out more about the HWRS theme and subthemes for 2022.
The Paper Template for Review for accepted authors can be found here.
- An oral presentation consists of a brief presentation and question and answer time. Presentation slides are mandatory. Video clips, props and graphs are encouraged but not compulsory. A paper submission is required to deliver an oral presentation.
- A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, references tables and figures) displayed on the virtual platform. Posters should include a summary of key findings (from research, investigations, studies or project work) and recommendations for future research or projects. A paper is not required for a poster presentation, though a paid registration from the presenting author is still required.
General policies and requirements for abstract submission
- Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Symposium by 12 October 2022 (co-authors are not required to register, though co-presenters are). Presenters that remain unregistered after the deadline will have their submission removed from the program and Symposium proceedings.
- Presenting authors are entitled to the discounted early bird registration rate.
- Authors can submit multiple abstracts but may only deliver a maximum of two presentations (one as the primary author and a second as a co-presenter). If deemed appropriate by the Scientific Committee, all other abstracts may be offered as a poster.
- Following abstract acceptance, a paper must be submitted to present an oral at HWRS 2022, delivering a poster does not require a paper submission.
- A presentation may be delivered by a maximum of two presenting authors, however, both presenters must be registered to attend the Symposium.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides, video, audio recording and photos taken during the presentation to be used and published by Engineers Australia including being provided to delegates of HWRS 2022.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for HWRS 2022.
How to submit an abstract for HWRS
- Create an eOrganiser account to submit an abstract.
- Upon creating an account submitting authors will be asked to verify their email address. Please check the spam or junk folder if this is not received. Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to locate the verification email.
Abstract submission guidelines
- All abstracts must follow the HWRS 2022 Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The presenting author must ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Presenting authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport-style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of abstract submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
- Upon abstract submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason other than if notified of a submission error.
- Authors can view or edit their abstracts by returning to their eOrganiser account and selecting 'Submissions'. Edits can be made until the review process begins.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above, the Speaker/Author Agreement and the Ethical Standards.
- Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Symposium by 30 September 2022 (co-authors are not required to register, though co-presenters are).
- Presenters that remain unregistered after the deadline will have their submission removed from the program and Symposium proceedings.
- Following abstract acceptance, a paper must be submitted to present at HWRS 2022.
- Failure to submit a paper will result in removal from the program.
HWRS 2022 Proceedings
- All accepted papers submitted for HWRS 2022 will be published via the RMIT Informit Engineering Collection within approximately three months following the symposium.
- Papers published on RMIT Informit Engineering Collection are findable via Google Scholar (and Google); NLA; EBSCO; OCLC; Summon and other database aggregators and search engines.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending HWRS 2022.