CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN!
Abstracts are now invited for Engineers Australia’s Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium 2020 (HWRS 2020).
Submissions close midnight Friday 24 April 2020 AEST. Click here to Submit today!
The theme of the overall Symposium is “Water Vision”.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Technical Committee, you must also intend to register for the Symposium. Online submission is the only accepted method of submitting abstracts.
Abstracts for HWRS 2020 must be submitted under one of the Symposium themes.
An oral presentation consists of a brief talk and question and answer session. Presentation slides, video clips and props are encouraged but not compulsory.
A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, tables and figures) that will be displayed at the Conference in a poster format.
General Policies and Requirements for Abstract Submission
- Authors may only submit four abstracts maximum.
- A maximum of two people can present an abstract but both presenters must be registered to attend the Symposium at own cost.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters), video, audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation/poster presentation to be used and published by HWRS 2020 including being provided to delegates of HWRS 2020.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for HWRS 2020.
- Following abstract acceptance a paper must be submitted in order to present at HWRS 2020.
How to submit an abstract for HWRS 2020
An eOrganiser account must be created in order to submit an abstract.
Upon creating an eOrganiser account, submitting authors will be asked to verify their email address. If a verification email is not received, please check your spam or junk folder.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the HWRS 2020 Abstract Submission Guidelines.
The abstract must be written in English.
It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly via the online portal.
Abstracts submitted through the secretariat email address will not be accepted and uploaded on your behalf.
- Authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of abstract submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
- Upon abstract submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason other than if notified of a submission error.
- Authors can view or edit their abstracts by returning to their eOrganiser account and by selecting 'Submissions'. Edits can be made to abstracts until the review process begins.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement.
- Accepted presenters must be registered for the Symposium by June 2020.
- All presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Symposium to ensure their abstract is included in the final program. No funding or discounts are available to presenters.
- Following abstract acceptance a paper submission (8-15 pages Full paper) or extended abstract (2 pages) must be submitted in order to present at HWRS 2020.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending HWRS 2020.