Abstracts submissions are now open for HWRS 2021. The abstract submission deadline is 11:59PM AEDT Friday 2 April 2021.
An oral presentation consists of a brief presentation and question and answer time. Presentation slides are mandatory. Video clips, props and graphs are encouraged but not compulsory. A paper submission is required to deliver an oral presentation.
A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, references tables and figures) that will be displayed on the virtual platform. Posters should include a summary of key findings (whether from research, investigations, studies or project work) and recommendations for future research or projects. A paper is not required for a poster presentation.
General policies and requirements
The abstract submission deadline is 11:59PM AEDT Friday 2 April 2021.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by the HWRS Technical Committee. The Technical Committee may accept or reject abstracts and their decision is final. The outcome of abstract submissions will be emailed in May 2021.
By submitting an abstract the authors agree to the General policies and requirements and the Speaker/Author Agreement.
Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Symposium by 11 July 2021 (co-authors are not required to register). Presenters that remain unregistered after the deadline will have their submission removed from the program and Symposium proceedings. No funding or discounts are available to presenting authors.
Authors can submit multiple abstracts but may only deliver a maximum of two presentations.
A presentation may be delivered by a maximum of two presenting authors, however, both presenters must be registered to attend the Symposium.
If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides, video, audio recording and photos taken during the presentation to be used and published by HWRS 2021 including being provided to delegates of HWRS 2021.
Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for HWRS 2021.
Following abstract acceptance, a paper must be submitted to present an oral at HWRS 2021, delivering a poster does not require a paper submission.
Abstract submission guidelines
All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the HWRS 2021 Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- The abstract should be a maximum of 300 words.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The presenting author must ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Abstracts submitted via email will not be accepted.
- Presenting authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of abstract submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
Submitting an abstract
- An eOrganiser account is required to submit an abstract for HWRS 2021.Upon creating an eOrganiser account, submitting authors will be asked to verify their email address. If a verification email is not received, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Once logged in to eOrganiser, go to 'Submissions', and then copy and paste the content from the abstract into the relevant fields in the online submission portal. Alternatively, type directly into the fields within the portal.
Previewing the abstract
- Once all fields have been completed, click Preview and Submit to generate a final preview of the abstract (Adobe Acrobat plugin may be required). Check this preview carefully to ensure the accuracy of the submission. Once you are satisfied with your preview click Submit to complete the abstract submission process.
- Upon successful abstract submission, the submitting author will receive a confirmation email containing the abstract attached as a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if unable to locate the confirmation email.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason.
- Authors can view their abstracts by returning to their eOrganiser account and selecting 'Submissions'. Edits can be made to abstracts until the review process begins.
- The outcome of abstract submissions will be emailed in May 2021.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending HWRS 2021.