EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED
Expressions of Interest are invited for HWRS 2021 in the following areas:
- Call for Abstracts / Presenting
- Sponsorship & Exhibition
- Attending as a delegate
Click here to register your interest and we will contact you in due course with further information.
Additional presentations types will be released soon.
An oral presentation consists of a brief talk and question and answer session. Presentation slides are required.
Digital poster presentation
A digital poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, tables and figures) in a PDF.
General Policies and Requirements for Abstract Submission
Abstract submission will open in February 2021 and close on 2 April 2021. See the full list of key dates for the abstract/paper submission process below.
- Abstracts can be a maximum of 250 words
- Authors may only submit a maximum of four abstracts .
- A maximum of two people can present an abstract but both presenters must be registered to attend the Symposium.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters), video, audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation/poster presentation to be used and published by HWRS 2021 including being provided to delegates of HWRS 2021.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for HWRS 2021.
- Following abstract acceptance a paper must be submitted in order to present at HWRS 2021.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the HWRS 2021 Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly via the online portal.
- Abstracts submitted through the secretariat email address will not be accepted and uploaded on your behalf.
- Authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of abstract submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
How to submit an abstract for HWRS 2021
- An eOrganiser account must be created in order to submit an abstract.
- Upon creating an eOrganiser account, submitting authors will be asked to verify their email address. If a verification email is not received, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Once logged in to eOrganiser, go to 'Submissions', 'Submit Abstract'
- Upon abstract submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- Do not resubmit the same abstract for any reason.
- Authors can view their abstracts by returning to their eOrganiser account and selecting 'Submissions'.
- Edits cannot be made to abstracts once submitted until feedback from the reviewers has been provided.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement.
- Accepted presenters must be registered for the Symposium (11 July 2021).
- All presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Symposium to ensure their abstract is included in the final program. No funding or discounts are available to presenters.
- Following abstract acceptance a paper submission (8-15 pages Full paper) or extended abstract (2 pages) must be submitted in order to present at HWRS 2021.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending HWRS 2021.